I’ve made this curry puff several times, but never succeeded. I almost give up until I found Samantha’s recipe, her curry puff look so tempting and she put step by step picture in her blog. There is no reason not to try to make this curry puff again. I read recipe carefully and followed all the instructions and it taste good even its not perfect but I got crispy and flaky crust . If you want make this curry puff better you go to Samantha’s blog for crust direction because I just write my potato filling.
- 2 large potatoes, boiled and finely diced
- 1/2 cup finely diced chicken breast
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 3 large shallots, sliced
- 1 garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoon oil
- Heat oil on a pan over medium heat. Add shallots and cinnamon stick, fry shallots until translucent. Add minced garlic, grated ginger, turmeric powder, curry powder, paprika powder and chicken. Fry gently add a little bit water if needed. Add potato, salt and pepper and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Cool completely before stuffing.