This time I make something easy for dinner, I just use any ingredients I have in refrigerator. Basically this just a stir fry flat rice noodles with prawn,mushroom and tom yum paste. I make my own tom yum paste because I like the taste of fresh spices, and grind the spices using mortar and pestle is like a stress relieve for me. If you don't have time to make the paste, you can use store bought tom yum paste.
- 250 gr fresh flat rice noodles
- 6 shelled prawns
- 1/4 cup mushroom, remove hard stem and quarter the cap
- 1 green chilli, sliced
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1/4 cup fish stock
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped cilantro for garnish
- Toasted sesame seed for garnish
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 stalk lemongrass, outer leaves discarded and cut into a small pieces
- 1/2 tablespoon nam prik pao
- 2 red chilli
- 1 inch ginger
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- Chop all the ingredients for spices paste and pound to a fine paste in a mortar and pestle.
- Heat up the oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Add spices paste and fry until fragrant, add mushroom and cook for about 1-2 minutes. Add prawn and stir fry until the prawn starts to change colour. Add sliced green chilli and flat rice noodles, mix well. Then add fish sauce and fish stock about 2-3 tablespoon if needed (if you think your fried noodles dry, you can add more stock but don't add too much because you don't want mushy noodles). Season with salt and pepper, mix well.
- Serve immediately, garnish with chopped cilantro, sesame seeds and squeeze lime juice over the noodles.